Thursday, May 23, 2019

Hui-ā-kura TAKE 2!!


Today we had our second hui-ā-kura for the school year. For the past 4 weeks, we have been preparing and practising all of our items.  When we started planning for our assembly, we tried to work with a theme "Te Marama" however, some of us negotiated with Whaea Sally and changed up some of the items we originally planned.  Below you will see the slide we showed at assembly, all of the moving GIFS that you see are animations that we created ourselves using google slides, screencasting and GIFY.com



One of our reading group called Te Roopu Maihi recreated their own version of Maui and Tama-nui-te-Ra.  Te Aroha rewrote the story, Rawiri selected the music and together with George and Righteous, the group animated the story using google slides.


The kotiro in our class wanted to do a just dance and chose wolves by Selena. To switch things up in assembly the tamariki decided to create some of their own dance moves in the routine, they recorded their new dance on greenscreen and we turned it into a kizoa movie. Here it is.



The boys decided to do the same as the girls but they chose "You don't know you're beautiful" from One Direction, here is their video below.



Unfortunately because of time, Te Roopu Tuwhare reading group could not share with the kura their shadow puppet play "Rona and Te Marama" so we have decided that we will show this item next term

Tell us what your favourite assembly item is in our comments, or even better leave us some feedback and feedforward to work on for next time. Hei konei ra!

3 comments:

  1. Hi my name is Capri I am in Nga rau rangatira I really like your photos because I like how your viewers can pretend that they were their. Just can you please put in like how you felt their or what was the hard part. Besides that I really liked your post keep doing what your doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my name is Heidi, I am from Ohaeawai primary. I think you should put what you found hard and what you found easy or fun. I thought that your animation was really cool. Good job jojo that looks awesome. If you would like to vist my blog it is http://osheidih.blogspot.com/.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I’m Simon. I like your animation
    about Maui catching the sun. I did an animation about Matariki - The Seven Starfishes.

    ReplyDelete